he Man, the Myth, the Legend....
Someone once asked if I've "ever won an award or anything..." so,
- I have won several awards, including a Telly (equivalent to an Oscar for Digital Media)
- The Audience Choice Award in the Remington Park 25th Anniversary Video Contest
- A DaVinci Fellowship Award for outstanding creativity in the classroom
- A NISOD Excellence Award
- I was named an NOC Distinguished Faculty Member
- Was four times nominated for the Oklahoma Gold Medal for Excellence in Teaching Award
- And was nominated for Digital Tutors Instructor of the Year.
- Member of several local board of directors
- Member of several professional groups
- Community Involved
- Coach and mentor for a lot of youth sports teams
I was the Assistant Director for the Breckenridge Festival of Films for five years. Have been the Executive Director of the Epic Shorts Student Film Festival for fifteen years. Worked closely to the Director of the Tonkawa Film Festivals Inaugural year. Abd I have worked on several indy / student films, and was an honorary (non-union) crew member for “Dumb and Dumber” and “Christmas Vacation”.
My client list is very extensive and ranges from a long list of local to national / world-wide industry companies (ATT, Cingular, and Honda to name a few). I have also directed several student led projects ranging from a diabetes video game, to Keep Oklahoma Beautiful campaigns, to creating 3D assets for a documentary about America’s worst maritime disaster “The Sultana”. I was also one of the four founders of Digital-Tutors (the largest digital content creation training systems in the world).
Of course your know that I am a graduate of The University of Oklahoma. I've been in the television and film industry for more than thirty years. I have Taught for Arts Adventure Summer Camp for twenty years.
- I continue to teach, and am the director of the Digital Media Institute at Northern Oklahoma College, for twenty-one years so far.
Outwork your competition. - Brad Matson